Saturday, March 7, 2009

Staying Positive on the Recovery Road of an Eating Disorder. (And a great Body Image project for Sororities!)


We found these great tip on Something Fishy (one of our favorite websites!).

Make a SUNSHINE BANK!

Supplies:
1.  Plastic container, small pail, small basket, etc.
2.  Paint markers or markers.
3.  Index cards, card stock paper, or strips of paper. (10-15 strips)
4.  Ink pens, pencils, colors.

Steps:
1.  Decorate the pail, container, or basket with paint markers/markers.  (Use your own personal style)!
2.  On index cards/paper - write each of the following affirations (directly from Something Fishy):

  • Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.
  • Though no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end.
  • Never give up for that is just the time and place the tide will turn.
  • If I have inside of me the stuff to make cocoons, then maybe the stuff to make butterflies is there, too.
  • To be upset over what I don’t have is to waste what I do have.
  • I hang onto my humor. I Don’t ask for permission, I just do it. I make everything fun!
  • Today I will seek out things that are fun to do.
  • I am curious, eager to try new things.
  • I experience and express my emotions freely.
  • I am creative and innovative
  • I rest when my body tells me to.
  • I learn enthusiastically.
  • This is a new and wonderful day for me; there will never be another day like this one
3.  Place all affirmations in your pail/box.

Use the SUNSHINE BANK on days that you need an extra dose of sunshine or positivity.  Think of this as a 'rainy day fund.'  Use on your rainy day.  Or as our director says 'No one should rain on my parade.'

We want to hear your affirmation quotes!!!  List them below!

(Taken from College Lifestyles program Body Image Makeover)


No comments:

Post a Comment