Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Your Perfect Fit for an LBD! Plus - A Summer LBD (Little Black Dress) from Fashion Junkee!
Looking for the perfect LBD to flatter your shape???
Here is your fit guide:
1. Are you more of a rectangle (longer torso)?
Look for a dress with a defined waist - add a skinny style belt to any dress to create a waist.
2. Are you more of an hourglass?
Look for an A-Line style that fits at the waist and flows over the hips. A slightly fitted top with a V-Neck is very flattering.
3. Are you more top heavy/wider shoulders?
Look for a dressed that is 'draped' on top or offers a 'flow-y' shoulder. Go for a more fitted bottom.
4. Are you more bottom heavy?
Look for a fitted top and straight skirt that falls straight (not tapered) to the knee!
We love a LBD (little black dress!) - but sometimes the summer heat can 'shy' us away from the LBD! We found this great jersey style LBD from Fashion Junkee for $36.00. This dress flatters all shapes - fitted at the top, flows through the hips, wider shoulder straps for anyone who is top heavy.
How to wear this dress?
1. Night on the town - look for metallic strapy stilettos, tons of bangle bracelets, and a animal print clutch.
2. Cocktail party - colorful pumps, drop earrings, and hair pulled back.
3. Daytime - top with a cropped jean jacket, wide wooden bracelet, strapy sandals, hoops, hair in low ponytail.