Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner Etiquette - What if I am allergic to a Food Item?

A beautiful feast!!!! But, you are allergic to something. How can you graciously tell your host without hurting feelings?

Here are some tips if this happens to you:

If you a vegetarian - 'The turkey feast sounds lovely, but I guess I should let you know that I am a vegetarian. Please don't change a thing about the meal. It sounds delicious. If it is fine with you, I would be more than willing to bring an extra salad dish.'

If you are allergic - 'I'd love to come to your Thanksgiving brunch. I should tell you that I am allergic to eggs. I would be more than happy to provide (insert dish) for the brunch.'

Always compliment on the beauty of the meal, 'The meal looks lovely.'

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment