Tuesday, January 13, 2009
These Boots Were Made for Walking!!! (How to Match Boots to My Outfits!)
Boots are great for keeping our feet warm in the winter time!!! But with all the styles that we have for boots, how do we know which boot to match to our outfits!!!
1. A High-Heel Boot - Very similar to the pump. These can be worn to an internship, business meetings, etc. If you are wearing a fitted skirt, it looks great with ribbed tights and the hem of the skirt falling one inch above the top of the boot. If you are wearing a full A-line skirt; the hem can go pass the boot. (The high-heel boot shown is from Nine West for $99.00)
2. Riding (flat heeled) boots - work better with a shorter skirt and tights. For an 'equestrian-style,' tuck your jeans in these boots!
3. Ankle boots - work with trousers, as well as A-line knit skirts with tights.
4. Slouchy boots - work with skinny jeans and long skirts.
Match your style!
1. Boho - tuck your jeans into slouch boots, ribbed turtleneck, chunky cardigan, and big sunglasses.
2. Classic - black turtleneck, dark denim, black leather boots, silver jewelry.
3. Casual - jeans tucked into flat or cowboy boots, white button up shirt, belt, hoop earrings.
4. Class style - Tunic turtleneck dress, tights, flat boots (looks great with black dress, black tights, and natural/flesh tone color boots).
5. Business Attire - Trousers, ankle boots, cardigan sweater set, stud earrings.